A woman has three glorious moments in her life, taking birth, getting married and giving birth. But the most proud to be moment is the last one. No woman wants to be separated from the chance to be a mother. But sometimes decisions are to be made down-to-earth reluctantly aborting the dream to beget a child. Of course, it's a tragic one; that's abortion. Some human deeds can protect the existing life even in destruction of the would-be-life.
Some pro-life arguments associate abortion with infanticide and claim that it is seriously unjust for it deprives the right not to be killed. But at the same time here is the pro-choice arguments too which advocate for the right of choice a woman should have. Now in the world, 75% of people live in the countries that permit abortion on medical and socio-cultural ground and the rest 25% live in the countries that don’t. In
, 20 to 60% of gynecological patients admitted in hospital do have the problems regarding unsafe abortion. (CREHPA, 1998/1999, a study on main six hospitals). Amid of controversies and invitations, we, in Nepal , are entertaining the right to make conditional abortion. The latest legal provision permits abortion on three main conditions. a) In acceptance of bearer women within twelve weeks of conception. b) Within eighteen weeks of conception if it is rape case or incestuous crime and c) Within eighteen weeks of conception if there is risk of bearer's life or if the child will be born handicapped. Nepal